Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Back

I am back (again!) I have been trying to get back on track again. Today is day four. I am working through some issues and trying to maintain control. So often we stuff food in our faces instead of dealing with our issues. I have this image in my head of how I look but when I see myself in the mirror it doesn't match that image in my head. That can be very depressing which tends to make me want to eat bad stuff which just makes me look worse and it is this vicious cycle that I am trying to get out of. It doesn't help that I am surrounded by SAD food all the time and literally when I have a weak moment everything is right there at my disposal so I have to have extremely high will power to not just eat something. Also none of my clothes fit me so I never look good and I have boxes of clothes in my basement that USED to fit me when I was raw for 5 months a couple years ago and lost so much weight. I don't want to buy new clothes because that would be like saying that I am ok at this weight, and I am not.

1 comment:

Sherah said...

Hi Alisha!

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and let you know that I'm also a 31 year old christian mom who has six children! I have 3 boys/3 girls: 8, 6, 5, 3, 1, & 4 months. Your blog reminds me SO much of me - a constant striving to be 100% raw but many times not making it and many, many times of starting over. But that's OK! It's all a journey, I tell myself.

My kids & DH are not raw but my 1 year old was exclusively raw (except for her formula) until 15 months, and now she absolutely prefers raw food, even though she's almost 2. It's so sweet!

My baby is also exclusively breastfed like yours, so he's "raw" too - and I had a 95% raw pregnancy with him. Anyway, you can check out my blog...I'm doing low fat raw w/some cooked veggies and have seen phenomenal success when combining it with strength training & cardio. =)

Hang in there - today is "day 1" for me and I'm almost done...!