Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm almost done

Hello all!

I am still going strong. Sorry I haven't posted for a couple days. I am still doing my juice fast, so don't worry! Today is day 6! I have just been so busy these last couple days. I am trying to get in a lot more exercise. I have found myself with a bit of a "The Biggest Loser" mentality of exercise, exercise, exercise. So I have been doing the areobic breathing exercises with Greer Childers. Also incorporating T-Tapp. And now I have added walking/jogging into the routine.

Yesterday I did not get any breathing or T-Tapping done, but I did take the children on a trip down the road. Actually it was a trip UP the road as we have a HUGE hill right down the road. I had two choices as to where I could take them, either towards the river, which is a longer walk but easier, or towards the horses, closer but much harder. I was not sure if our three year old would be able to make it all the way to the river and I wanted to see how well she could do walking because I would like to start taking them hiking now that the weather is nice. I didn't want to bring the stroller because if I did she would not have even tried walking very far but would have immediately wanted to use the stroller. So I choose to take the shorter, harder trip. I strapped the baby onto the front of me in her baby carrier and away we went to go look at the horses. They happen to reside right at the top of the very large hill. The children all did very good, but I ended up carrying our three year old up most of the hill. She was walking really weird and I found out when we got home that her shoes were too small for her and hurting her feet! Poor girl. She did a good job though and, given the correct shoes, I think she will do very well on our first hiking expedition. The children were rewarded at the end of their long trek up the big hill by being allowed to feed the horses some carrots, so they had a good time.

Last night, after my husband came home I was able to go for a walk/jog. I have a goal of being in good enough shape by the 4th of July to be able to do the 5K road race that is held nearby. Our oldest daughter, who is 11, wants to do it with me, so we headed off together to walk/run for two miles. We started out walking a bit, then we would jog for awhile, then walk again and then jog some more. It was actually quite humorous as I was afraid of pushing her too far, but in the end I told her to go ahead and keep jogging if she wanted to because I was holding her back! I was still wheezing and trying to catch my breath two hours later. At first the jogging was ok but by the time we were halfway through I felt like my legs were concrete and I was jogging through thick wet cement. It was really bad. Here's to hoping I will improve. I have always admired runners and I have always wanted to participate in a run. This is very good motivation for me and having my big helper along made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable and made me want to do better for her.

So that's it. The fast is going great and even though I hurt so much from my exercising, I feel really good about it and want to be able to do more. I want to be strong!

No comments: