Monday, March 17, 2008

"Green" Day

In honor of St. Patty's day we tried to have a green day today. Not so hard to do when you are a raw vegan! We had grapes for breakfast (alas, they were red!) and deliciously yummy green smoothies for lunch. They were so simple but really tasty. I put in pineapples, spinach, frozen bananas, and fresh bananas, and a little agave. Very, very good! Then for supper I made the traditional Irish fare of boiled dinner for the SAD eating members of my family and for us rawies I made fetuccine alfredo. Now let me just state right here that I usually do not go for raw recipes that are suppossed to imitate their SAD counterparts. I would rather like it for what it is and not be comparing it to the SAD version because usually there just is no comparisson no matter how much we kid ourselves! I mean, raw pizza will never imitate SAD pizza. With this being said, I made the BEST alfredo ever, SAD or raw, it was so good!!!! I used a recipe I found on http://www.goneraw.com/. I had to use some cashews for the macs but it was mostly macs. I tweaked it a little and added in a little nama shoyu and some nutritional yeast and extra spices. I also used my secret weapon. Oh! It was so creamy and rich and well, just incredible. Ok nough said, here's the picture!

We also had a very nice salad to go with it but I didn't want the salad to take up room on my plate where I could have that yummy alfredo instead!! It was very rich and very filling.
My big helper decided she wanted to be all raw with me today and of course my little golden boy was as well. No one (except me) stayed raw over the weekend as we had birthday parties (SAD cake) and the Clifford thing, but they jumped back in this morning with no problems.
Ok, that's all for now. I hope you enjoy the picture. It does not do justice to how great this dish tasted though!

No comments: