Friday, March 14, 2008

Raw Birthday

So today is our oldest daughters 11th birthday. I just can't believe that she is 11 already. Where did the time go? She is so grown up! Anyways we have a tradition that on birthdays the special birthday person gets to pick out what they want to eat for the day. It actually started out with just dinner but has somehow evolved to them picking out all three meals. It can be pretty interesting depending on which child is having a birthday!

Our daughter decided she wanted an almost all raw birthday. Here are some pictures of our raw food!


For breakfast we had Maraw's pancakes with orange cream sauce and blueberry syrup. These were so good and very filling. All of the children loved them! I made a double batch and they ate them all!



For lunch she choose to have a salad with "steak mushrooms" and creamy dressing. This was a very filling and super yummy salad. I love adding the steak mushrooms to my salads. It makes them so tasty!


She choose to have a SAD vegetarian supper but she did want a raw cake and here it is! She choose the crumble apple strudel bundt cake from Living Cuisine by Renee Underkoffler. It doesn't look too pretty but it was quite tasty!

So here is the low down on the day. A couple of really cool raw things happened. I was a little hesitant about having her eat mostly raw today. I know that sounds weird but I wanted her to be able to eat what she wanted for her birthday. I didn't want her to have a meal that she didn't like on her special day. After she had the pancakes I asked her what she thought of them. She said that she really liked the pancakes and that she actually prefered them to regular SAD pancakes because they tasted better, made her fuller and were just so much healthier. Isn't that cute?! Needless to say I was very relieved to here that. I know she likes the "steak mushrooms" those are one of her favorite things. I was a bit worried about the cake. I had never made it before, but it came out very good and the children all liked it. So it was another good raw day. I even made a yummy smoothie for supper fom the leftover frosting that was still in the blender. I just added two bananas, a little water and some of the leftover blueberry sauce and TaDa! a Yummy smoothie for supper!

There you have it. I hope you enjoyed the pictures! My little golden boy stayed raw with me in the face of a very yummy looking vegetarian dinner. He said he wants to eat what I eat. He is so cute and sweet. I have been back on raw for a week now and I am very happy. I have a rough weekend coming up so pray that I do well, stay focused, handle the stress, and stay RAW, RAW, RAW!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Wow you sure know how to cook...er...I mean uncook:)
Happy birthday to your girlie!