Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A trip to the ER

Today my 6 year old golden boy cut his hand with a knife while chopping carrots up and we had to go to the ER and he needed 3 stitches. He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRAVE!!!!!! I was soooooooooooooo proud of him I can not even express it. He didn't even cry when they stuck a needle in him three times!!! and wiggled it around!!!!! to make his hand numb to put the stitches in! He was just amazing and the doctor and the nurse could not get over how great he was. They said that they have seen adults more wimpy than he was.

After we left the ER I was very tempted to just go through the drive thru and get some donuts. The children were hungry, we hadn't had supper and I was exhausted from being in the ER for so long. Right as we got there three ambulances pulled in and so we had to wait for so long. All of the children were so well behaved and I was so proud of them. I had some money so I could have gone and grabbed some donut holes for them. I DID have the foresight to pack some bananas and apples before we left for the hospital though. So when we left the hospital, like I said, it was late, past supper time and we were all hungry and tired and I really felt like caving for donuts. As we seatbelted in the children were all saying that they were hungry and I said do you want an apple or a banana? Now I said it as a question as if they had a choice of having an apple or banana or something else. It was sort of an open ended question if you know what I mean. And they all answered with either apple or banana as if there were no other options so they were all content with that and I said to myself, you know what, I need to be the good example here and if they are all very content with apples and bananas then I can be too. So we didn't get donuts and we had raw chocolate banana shakes when we got back here. So, ALL of us were 100% raw today. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Wow I can't imagine my children ever going raw!! They love their cheerios too much:)
I almost gave in to cookies on top of my 2c sad food allotment for the day...then I got your email:)
Thanks for coming by my blog. Hope you'll be a regular there!
Could you share how you make the chocolate shake?? I have no idea how to make something like that raw and with no milk! I'm so NEW at this. Even if I just do it for one week like I said(on my blog) I want to do it well:) Who knows maybe I'll feel so well that I'll shoot for another week!!