Monday, May 26, 2008

Sorry for the Absence

Everything is going great here with eating raw and jogging. I have learned how important it is to have a partner to go out jogging with. One day I went out without my big helper and boy was it harder. Having her with me helps so much it is just amazing. We really encourage and push each other to try harder and do our best. The other day I mapped out a four mile course to try jogging and on Saturday night we set out to do our longest jog to date. The goal was to jog the entire 4 miles without stopping. As we came to the end of 2 miles and tured around I began to question my sanity. What was I thinking? I talked myself into keeping it up through three miles since I knew that I could do at least that much. As soon as we turned the corner which marked the completion of three miles and one left to go my legs all of the sudden got so heavy. It was like they were saying "hold up there, we did three miles, that's it, I'm done!" I think our bodies get accustomed to what we ask of them and don't want to do any more. We both pushed through that last mile and were very happy to have jogged for 4 miles without stopping. I want to try to do that more often if possible and keep upping the ante, so to speak, to go further and jog faster. June is going to be tough because my husband will be traveling a lot on business so I won't be able to go out to jog. We are going to have to take turns onthe treadmill which I do not like because it sort of skips and it's just not nearly as nice jogging on a treadmill in the basement as jogging on our lovely raod in the fresh air. I've got to figure something out though. I don't want to lose what we have accomplished.
Eating has been great. I am mostly enjoying fruits and salads and smoothies. Geting fresh greens from the CSA has been delightful and yummy. I love this time of year when everything comes alive and the weather is warmer. I am still anxiously awaiting June when the delicious local strawberries will be ready to pick. Yumm! They are so good! I have lost a total of 26.5 pounds in the 6 weeks since recommiting myself to raw foods and taking up jogging. I am very excited about that and looking forward to being able to fit into some more of my clothes in the next month or two.

No comments: