Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's been awhile

Hello!

Wow, it has been a long time since I have blogged. If anyone is actually reading this (which I very often doubt) I am very sorry. So much has happened. I will do a quick recap.
#1 We did our very first 5K on June 14th. It was suppossed to be on July 4th but we found one sonner and since we were ready for it we decided to go for it. It was so much fun and such an amazing sense of accomplishment to be able to jog the whole way, and not be the last ones to cross the finish line!!! That was cool. I finished in 36:30 and my big helper finished in 34:58. Not bad!
#2 Two days after the run my hubby left for a 2 week business trip. We can not go out jogging when he is gone. It was so hard.
#3 Then my computer went out and we didn't have any internet service. Or phone. For about 1 week. What a pain that was.
#4 I ended up eating some SAD food, was not able to jog and went on a downward spiral. It was a mess and I am just now coming out of it. Not being able to jog made it harder for me to stay raw. Jogging really was a motivating factor for me because I knew that if I didn't eat raw, jogging would be harder. I loved the feeling that I had when I went out jogging, strong and capable, and I knew that raw helped to that end.
#5 So today I got back on track with eating raw. I also went for a jog after 4 weeks of not jogging and 3 weeks of binging on SAD. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. I did not feel strong and capable. I felt heavy, lathargic, fat, and exhausted. My whole body ached and I could only jog for 1 mile before I had to stop and walk. All said, I think I jogged a total of 2 miles or so and walked (gasping for breath and wishing that I were back home) for the remaining mile. It was so discouraging to have come from doing so well to this. I almost cried. Ugg! Our next 5K is on July 26th. We signed up for three runs this summer and I want to do another one at the end of August as well. I am glad that I have already paid to do this next 5K or my downward spiral would continue. So anyways I am pressing on. I hope to be able to jog the full three miles again before the 5K in two weeks.
On an interesting side note, my little helper bounced back to jogging much easier than I did today. She jogged the whole way, albeit much slower than before. She is not raw. I think that my problem was compounded by the fact that not only had I stopped jogging for 4 weeks but I stopped eating raw. So my body was like "What are you DOING??!!" I felt like I was back in high school being forced to do timed runs and failing miserably while feeling like a total failure. It was really awful. I know that eating raw helps me to meet my goals of wanting to be strong and be able to one day run in a marathon. I honestly don't kow how ANYONE can run on SAD. I can't. So, if I want to run, and I do, then I have to eat raw. There is no other way!
I will post more on our progress later.

No comments: