Saturday, May 10, 2008

Amazing news!!!!

I am so excited right now that I can hardly conatin myself! Yesterday we went out for our usual jog. As I said in my last blog post we added an extra mile to the entire distance bringing it up to just about 3.2 miles. Last night we went out for our customary jog. Since I had already jogged a full mile I wanted to at least go that far. Once we had gotten to the end of the road I decided to turn the corner and head up the hill jogging to see how far I could go. When I got up the hill I figured I might as well continue down the hill as well and then there was a nice straight-away for the next half mile so I kept on going. Once we got to the mile and a half turnaround I was pretty spent and really ready to stop, so I asked my big helper if she was ready to take a break but she said she wanted to keep going so I (reluctantly) followed along and kept on jogging. By the time we got back to the hill we were so close to the two mile mark that I pushed really hard and we made it the full two miles jogging without stopping! I even kept going a little wasy further until we came to another big hill and that was all she wrote. The last mile we jogged and walked, doing more jogging than walking. This is just so incredible for me I can't even explain it. I could never run a whole mile before, not even when I was in high school and we had to run a timed mile. I could never go the whole distance without stopping and I was a good 40-50 pounds lighter then than I am now. After we jogged the first two miles I felt like breaking out in praise and worshop songs, I was just so elated! This was a huge milestone for me. So tonight we went out for our jog again and I was hoping to be able to go at least the first two miles again without stopping. My ankles hurt really bad and I wasn't comfortable jogging for at least the first half mile. I really wanted to stop after the first mile was gone but I kept on going to the one and a half mile marker and then I really wanted to stop but once again my big helper said she wasn't tired and kept going so I followed along. We made it to the end of two miles and kept on going. I jokingly called out to my big helper and asked her if she was trying to go all the way to which she replied yes and told me I could stop if I wanted to. Well I'd come this far, might as well push through to the end. I am so very, VERY happy to report that we jogged the ENTIRE three miles without stopping once. This is so incredible and amazing for me and I am so proud of my big helper and how well she is doing too. Tomorrow we are going to take a break from the three mile distance run and do some hills to try and build up our leg strength. Right now I am tired and sore and happy!

No comments: