Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yesterday felt like Christmas here. A friend of mine did raw for a month in the spring and then went back to SAD foods. She had a bunch of raw foods in her house that she was not going to use so she brought them over here. I got a whole bag of almonds that were bought back when raw almonds were still raw almonds. Yippee!! Also I bought her raw cocoa. I am a chocolate lover big time so I was very anxious to make something chocolatey. So I made a chocolate banana smoothie. I followed the directions and added 3 Tbsp to my smoothie which consisted of 3 bananas and a little agave and water. WOW! It sure was chocolatey. The only problem is that after I drank it I got an annoying headache and felt really spacey. I just wanted to crawl in bed. I felt like I had been drugged. I still feel spacey now, the next day. So next time I will cut back on the amount I use, regardless of what they say. I guess I am not in danger of using all my cocoa powder too soon! That would be an expensive habit to start. I really don't like the way I feel, still, after having that. Weird thing is I have had raw cocoa before in dessets and never had a problem. It was probably just to much all at once. Lesson learned! Next time I won't follow the directions! LOL!

No comments: